Does anyone else love "Charlie and Lola" like we do? That's where the title line is from just incase you are not a fan. My kids love any cartoon with British accents. "Kipper" is also one our all time Brit faves for sure. I guess it used to be on Nickelodeon or Disney Channel ages ago, but my friend turned me on to them once they were only available on DVD and Samantha was about three or so. It's based on books by Mick Inkpen, great name for an author eh?
Not that I meant for this post to be an infomercial for "Kipper the Dog" but it's one of those best kept secret kind of things so I guess it might be of some worth for me to share. I know you can still buy the DVD's on Amazon and I also picked one up just last month at the f.y.e. store in Orem. The way my friend described why she liked the DVD series so much was this: "Kipper is one of only movies I can put on for my kids and not feel like some annoying friend has come over to play." I think what she meant by that is both the storylines and the character's are very simple but clever. The music is cheery without being annoying and the best part is the character's are all British! They call their cookies, biscuits and eat cucumber sandwiches. Who knows if that is actually what British people do but gosh is sounds like it is! That's so painfully American of me to say right?
Samantha has loved them for YEARS and surprisingly Jonas LOVES them too.. maybe a little more than Samantha. But ala Reading Rainbow, don't take MY word for it!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
FIRST!
ok..i had to hurry and post that just to make sure I was the first one to post a comment.
so Kipper the Dog eh? i'll have to check that out... or better yet... just give us the DVD for christmas. haha! :)
I miss you.
thanks for the pep talk the other night. you're always good for that.
But. Cha-lie. What Lola. It's one of our favorite things to watch on vacation. I guess it's on a channel we don't get.
We'll have to look for Kipper. Right now it's pretty much just Curious George all the time.
Oh Charlie and Lola, we like them too, but by the time they come on we usually have watched WAY TOO much tv during the morning and it's time to turn the tube off. Someday I will get TIVO and we can reunite everyday with our favorite British siblings Charlie and Lola. Oh Great, now the Charlie and Lola theme song is stuck in my head.
Did you know they have their own website: CharlieandLola.com
I
We love Charlie and Lola too... whenever we're some place with more channels than the old rabbit ears can get... I'll have to look into Kipper the dog.
Haven't you heard it's dangerous to have count downs?
I love Charlie and Lola too. I've tried to use it to show Jake that the name Charlie isn't THAT out of fashion....you know, for the future boys we're going to have.
hey, leave Haley a comment and tell her to "invite" me to her blog. I miss that girl! my email is jlund78@gmail.com
It was great seeing you the other day. Sorry about stalking you, but your name would not come to me. And your kids are very very cute. We love the english accents on the cartoons too. My kids love to mimick them.
ya... i want an invite to haley's blog too! heather@ayaphotography.com
Hey Angela of Castillo 110 Snow college this is me...Amy Gentry "Army", I am so glad to find you.
Your kids are so Beautiful.
you can check out my blog....www.palmerstation.blogspot.com
Post a Comment