So last week the Davies family took the longest vacation we have ever taken in our entire lives. It was just the best. In fact we're sick of having real lives and we're just going to go back on vacation and do that instead. How are we going to pay our bills you ask? We're sick of paying those so we just gonna go ahead and stop doing that too. That takes care of my Office Space quote of the day...
Samantha's class does "Show and Teach" every Friday. For this week we prepared a little scrapbook about our vacation and she passed out scallop shells that we found in Newport. It was a big hit. There were tons of shells on this.. uh "private" boat harbor... so many it was as if only one or two families use that harbor... As if they had paid trillions of dollars to be the sole users of it with no intention of having annoying tourists gallivanting in on a red and white striped, fringed surrey and making off with dozens and dozens of shells... Weird huh?
So here is Samantha's show and teach... Twist on the old show and tell... We slipped in some educational crapola about shells and high tides that I'll spare you from. Mostly she just talked about her fantastic vacation. Give us a break, we never get to do stuff like this so we're allowed some unabashed bragging right?
Last week my family went on vacation in California. We did a lot of cool stuff we had never done before.
My brother and I took our first ride in an airplane.
We went a professional baseball game at Dodger Stadium.
We saw street performers in Santa Monica. There were skateboarding dogs, a guy who could blow really cool bubbles, my faves breakdancers and a monkey in a cowboy suit. If you give him a dollar he will shake your hand. side note: We called Grandma Davies the next day to tell her about our adventures. Jonas summed his experience very succinctly by saying "I saw da monkey."
We got to see a real red carpet with real movies stars...from pretty far away
We spent a few days at Disneyland...
And California Adventure... I got to be in the High School Musical dance party...
side note:
Jonas' favorite movie is "Cars". He got to see Lightning McQueen and Mater. The Disney Pixar parade started at 5pm which was about the time Jonas would crash in the stroller for a late nap. We went to the parade three times...Jonas was awake for one, BARELY, but that was enough. : )
We spent two days at the beach. One day we went to Huntington Beach and the next day we went to Newport Beach.
In Newport we rented a four-person bikecar. I sat in the basket in the front with my friend Alyssa.
On the last day we drove back to Los Angeles and went to the Getty Museum. There were lots of famous paintings and antiques. This bed in almost 300 years old. It came from France and it is worth 6 MILLION DOLLARS!
They made a replica of this bed for the children's room. This is us reading books on it.
Our trip to California was really great and I was sad to leave, but I was so happy to come back and see all my friends here at Park School. The End.
Here's a couple more pics that I liked. The swimming pool one is purely for my ego since it is the best picture that has been taken of me since I've had children. The fact that Brad is about eight feet above me and the rest of me is hidden from the neck down may have something to do why I like it. NEVERTHELESS, I do like it. : )



5 comments:
That hot pic of you in the pool....That's what you really look like all the time. Yes, you are that hot! Is your father a GI?
What a fantastic trip. Who was your travel coordinator?
wow its almost like i was there.... but yet i wasnt. so sad.
Thanks for the show and teach... I feel well taught. What fun! Makes me think I will join you on the whole quitting real life and just being on vacation.
Your vacation looks like it was so much fun! And you're totally allowed bragging rights. That's what blogs are for. It's much worse reading falsely modest blogs than those of people who are honestly excited and not afraid to share it.
Looks like you guys had so much fun on your trip. It is so fun to see all the pics. We finally got a blog check it out.
http://tharpsthoughts02.blogspot.com/
love,
Holli
Post a Comment