Well the first week of school is in the bag. Samantha's first day of second grade was on Wednesday and even though her two BFF's, Wynter and Maddie, are not in her class this year she still managed to have a great week and even make a new friend named Jocelyn.
When she got home from the first day she said "It's so great Mom, we just play all day and don't even have to do like, ya know ..Math anymore." That's my girl... Unfortunately that sneaky-snake Mrs. Gardener slipped Math in on them on the second day... but a girl can dream right?
She's pretty much there for the socializing part. Albeit a good little reader who does idolize her teachers....but make no mistake, Samantha is there for the party.
Although speaking of good teachers, I thought it would be fun for everyone to name their favorite teacher and why and no Jenny you can't choose yourself! : )
Mine was Mrs. Romesburg who was my 12th grade English teacher. She made me feel smart even when my g.p.a. sometimes proved otherwise...
Okay now who is yours?
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Ms. Jaussi--11th and 12th grade history. First of all, she had this mysterious background that no one could EVER crack. Like the framed picture of some guy whom she would never talk about. (She was unmarried.) Secondly, she had traveled all over the world to all the places she taught about, so she had a million visual aids, slide shows and experiences to share. We role played in real togas from Greece, and held real roman coins.... History came to life with her. I've loved it ever since.
Ms. Lubeck? my kindergarten teacher was my favorite... i still remember her smell. it smells like old lady perfume. she was really nice...
i also loved mr. adams.... good times with the american flag bell bottoms...
mrs romesburg was a good teacher... i still remember her oreo cookie writing technique... probably cause i love oreos and she gave us oreos. yum.
mrs sorensen in 5th grade actually made reading interesting... that was the first time i actually enjoyed the books we had to read.
teachers really make a huge difference in kids lives.. cause you ALWAYS remember your teachers.... good or bad. My second grade teacher made me feel like crap... she scared me. Maybe it was cause she was bald and she was taking it out on me... i dunno.
i cant believe samantha is already in 2nd grade.. thats super nutso!
is that new late night project gonna be your new truck? thats a sweet ride! are you gonna PIMP MY TRUCK?
I liked Mrs Waggstaff. Fourth grade. I broke my arm that year and had a pink cast. She signed it "Waggy :)".
She also taught me how to be prepared with my homework finished. Not that I always had it finished, but she taught me why it was important. I always felt like I let her down when I didn't have it done.
Very influential.
speaking of teachers... Jono is an actual teacher this year... 4th grade. crazy?!
mrs. braithwaite--3rd grade. i was such a smarty-pants know-it-all. she was so nice she didn't even make fun of me after she told me to color a red beard on a leprechaun and i colored it red (not orange as red hair should have been). yeah, i r smrt.
Tiffany's reminds me of that old children's book with the teacher whose class is horrible to her and so she takes a vacation and this nasty witchy lady shows up as a substitute... then when Miss Nelson returns she's like who do you love right? Me! That's who! BooYah! Although kids are so dumb because that substitute was actually Miss Nelson THE WHOLE TIME! Kidding about the kids being dumb so no hate mail!
Ms Lebaron. 11 and 12th grade history... She's one of the reasons I became a teacher. Awesome lady... She made us do crazy projects and reinactments and stuff like that. Everyone thought she was nutts, but I LOVED her. She help my ADD attention. She also taught me to write an essay. Priceless for someone who had only been required to write summaries until then (thank you Murray High School non-honors English teachers)... a skill that proved priceless in college (perhaps they thought none of us would go to college?)
I also loved My 1st grade teacher, Mrs Pendelton, because really whats not to love about 1st grade teachers... did I mention that I was a 1st grade teacher?
also, welcome back to school Samantha, from someone who was all too often there for the social part of school too. :)
Hey Ang, Hmmm, favorite teacher... I think I enjoyed Mr Pope (6th grade) and Mrs Van Epps (5th grade) the best. Mr Pope played basketball with us at recess and Mrs Van Epps let us act out the Pilgrims at Thanksgiving. Super way fun. Anywho, we finally have a blog so feel free to check it out. Hopefully it can one day be as cool as every one else's.
http://wrightingonthewall.blogspot.com/
Andrea
Post a Comment